If you have picky eaters in your household, meal time can be a challenge. It can be frustrating to try to come up with healthy and delicious meal ideas that everyone will enjoy, especially if you have picky eaters with different preferences and dietary restrictions. Here are some healthy and delicious meal ideas for picky eaters that you can try:
- Make it fun: One way to get picky eaters to try new foods is to make it fun. You can use cookie cutters to cut sandwiches and other foods into fun shapes, or use toothpicks to create fun food skewers. You can also let your picky eaters help you prepare the meal, which can make them more excited to try new foods.
- Offer a variety of options: Instead of just serving one main dish, offer a variety of options, such as different types of protein, grains, vegetables, and dips. This way, picky eaters can choose the foods they like and try new foods at their own pace.
- Incorporate new foods into familiar dishes: Another way to get picky eaters to try new foods is to incorporate them into familiar dishes. For example, you can add grated zucchini or carrots to spaghetti sauce, or mix in some beans or lentils to your ground beef.
- Serve meals family style: Instead of plating individual servings, serve meals family style and let your picky eaters choose what they want to eat. This can be especially helpful for picky eaters who don't like their food to touch.
- Make healthy swaps: If you're making a dish that your picky eaters usually enjoy, try making some healthy swaps to boost the nutrition. For example, you can use whole grain pasta instead of white pasta, or use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
- Offer a variety of textures: Some picky eaters don't like certain textures, so offering a variety of textures can be helpful. You can try offering crunchy, chewy, soft, and smooth foods to see what your picky eaters enjoy.
- Use dips and sauces: Dips and sauces can be a great way to get picky eaters to try new foods. You can offer a variety of dips, such as hummus, guacamole, or tzatziki, and let your picky eaters choose what they want to try.
- Try smoothies: Smoothies are a great way to get picky eaters to try new fruits and vegetables. You can blend up a variety of ingredients, such as berries, spinach, and banana, and add a little honey or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Make your own pizza: Pizza is a favorite for many picky eaters, so why not make your own? You can use whole grain or cauliflower crust, and let your picky eaters choose their own toppings.
- Offer healthy snacks: Snacks can be a great way to get picky eaters to try new foods. You can offer a variety of healthy options, such as sliced vegetables with dip, whole grain crackers with hummus, or a fruit and yogurt parfait.
By following these tips, you can come up with healthy and delicious meal ideas that your picky eaters will enjoy. It may take some trial and error to find what works for your family, but with a little creativity and patience, you can get your picky eaters trying new foods and expanding their taste buds.