I wanted to let you know about some ways to make healthy eating a fun and enjoyable activity for the whole family. I'm sure you're as busy as I am, so I thought this could be a great way to make sure everyone gets the nutrients they need without sacrificing family time.
- Get everyone involved in meal planning and grocery shopping. Let each family member choose their favourite healthy foods and incorporate them into the meal plan for the week.
- Make mealtime a social event. Turn off the TV and other distractions, and sit down together at the table for meals. This will allow for better communication and bonding, and encourage healthy eating habits.
- Cook together. Involve the whole family in the cooking process, from preparing ingredients to cleaning up. This will not only make cooking more fun, but also teach valuable kitchen skills and healthy cooking techniques.
- Grow your own food. Start a small vegetable garden or herb garden, and involve the whole family in the planning, planting, and caring for the plants. This will not only provide fresh, healthy ingredients for meals, but also teach the importance of sustainability and the environment.
- Get moving together. Regular physical activity is essential for good health, and making it a family affair can be a fun way to incorporate exercise into your daily routine. Plan fun outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, or playing sports together.
I'm sure you can make healthy eating a fun and enjoyable activity for your whole family, too. Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
Take care, Family Frank
Some recipes to get you kickstarted:
Stuffed Lamb Tomatoes
Ingredients Method Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Slice the tops off the tomatoes and reserve. Scoop out most of the pulp with a teaspoon, being careful not to break the skin. Finely chop the pulp, and keep any juices.
Ingredients Method TO MAKE SUSHI ROLLS: Pat out some rice. Lay a nori sheet on the mat, shiny-side down. Dip your hands in the vinegared water, then pat handfuls of rice on top in a 1cm thick layer, leaving the furthest edge from you clear. Spread over some Japanese mayonnaise.
Ingredients Method Sift together dry ingredients. Mix together wet ingredients and incorporate into dry. Stir until smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls(no bigger) into hot oil (365 degrees, no hotter), turning after a few moments until golden brown on all sides. Roll in cinnamon sugar while still warm and serve.